Sunday, December 6, 2009

Top 5 Reasons that Roosters Suck

1. They crow ridiculously loudly for no apparent reason at 5am. Sometimes at 3am... (i.e. at Mama Chacha's house)... and sometimes go on for like 2 hours (i.e. in Rwanda).

2. They're really mean and vicious animals.

3. They hog food at chow time... and try to chase away anyone who gets in their way.

4. They're arrogant. (I really believe this.)

5. They're deadbeat dads. They produce some of the cutest animals around (baby chicks!) and then don't pay any attention to them ... (and, rather, steal their food ... per reason #3).

Note: While I'm discussing our web-footed, beaked, feathered compadres, I'd like to mention that I'm basically a total sap for baby chicks. Alok -- I'm going to bring one home, OK? Don't worry, I'll bring you a monkey.

1 comment:

  1. There's a problem: the baby chick might grow up!!! What will it turn into when that happens?

    ReplyDelete